Trading just below a significant multi-year downtrend line. Next week's TL level on chart is around 1291 vs 1287.5 close this week. So close to a break now for a buy signal.
15 April 2017
17 March 2017
I first heard Massachusetts by the Bee Gees in 1968 when I was only 6 and have loved them ever since. During my teenage years, it was terribly uncool to tell people you were a Bee Gees fan, but I never wavered or pretended otherwise.
Of all their songs, my all time favourite is Morning of My Life from the movie Melody (SWALK).
26 February 2017
- Sideways consolidation since 2013. Picture not changed much yet but some clues emerging from the chart.
- Strong downtrend line resistance above at 1311 (last week close 1256). Break will trigger pyramiding action for my long term bullish investment (GLD ETF). Break will be tough to achieve I think, but will be a very exciting and welcome development.
28 January 2017
10 January 2017
16 October 2016
MultCloud(https://www.multcloud.com/), a FREE and easy-to-use web app, supports for Managing Files and Transferring Files across Cloud Drives. Free 10TB traffic for data transmission.
27 September 2016
- Absolutely loved this book. Highly, highly, highly recommended.
- Goodreads description here.
- Like Stoner by John Williams (another equally good book). These books are all about being stoic (= the endurance of pain or hardship without the display of feelings and without complaint).
- 6 stars out of 5 for the Moscow Gentleman. Must try to read his other book Rules of Civility.
14 September 2016
- Take a look at the monthly chart of cable going back to 1984 (which is the furthest back I can get on Saxo). Chart low 1.0362, pre-Plaza Accord.
- The interesting chart point I want to highlight here is the subprime crisis low of 1.3501 at end 2008 (wholesale flight to quality USD+USTs). Brexit has taken us and kept us below that level for 2-3 months now.
- To date, Brexit has been mostly just talk and actual permanent impact the UK economy has not even begun yet (eg what happens when all the financial institutions move to other parts of Europe, etc). Chart suggests much much downside potential for cable and suggestive of serious economic weakness when actual Brexit implementation occurs.
- Ideal long term short trade location nearby.
28 June 2016
- Attached EUR/USD long term (monthly) chart. Very bearish formation, mega top formed, neckline (1.2120) broken, currently in a triangle consolidation holding pattern, awaiting developments to drive an eventual downside break towards the historical all time lows. Yuuuge trade in the making.
- Chart is telling me that Brexit spillover effects (into EU) will be bigger than Brexit itself. Selling cable itself is not necessarily the best Brexit trade in the longer term. Shorting EUR/USD will be the better trade eventually.
- Triangle boundaries for this month are at appx 1.16 and 1.06. Would appear to be quite a few more months before a triangle breakout trade occurs. Must monitor this.
- EUR/GBP chart does not suggest the above conclusion .. yet.
- Long GLD ETF at 1097 equivalent, took some profit at 1308.
- Longer term, expect gold to trade much higher by sheer force of fundamentals. But immediately, expect strong resistance at the downtrend line around 1360-1370 [high on Brexit results day was 1358]. Market must be very long by now as every analyst and his dog seem to be saying to buy.
- This is one for patient periodic accumulation on large dips.
- Pleased to report that position/risk sizing was spot on, thus enabling me to survive the pre-/post- Brexit huge range [98.90 - 99.27] day on 24Jun16 with long position intact.
- Managed to take profit on half of position at 99.24, and re-established at 99.13. So, still long 100% deep in the money.
- Triangle strategy is going well. Target 99.47, which is below current 3-mth Libor [0.6271 fix yesterday] ie triangle is seeing a Fed rate cut ahead ie much more drastic Brexit fallout to come.