03 June 2012

Kobo Touch eReader Dead

  • 95% of my book reading is done on my Kobo Touch. Reading experience is far superior on an e-ink device than an actual book (no search, font customization, no multiple books on single device, etc) or an iPad (too heavy) or iPhone (screen too small).
  • Unfortunately, the touchscreen on my device is now completely dead so I am unable to navigate beyond the initial settings page. My suspicion is damage caused by airport security scanner. So the next e-ink device I get, I will not bring it with me when I travel (warning!).
  • Google search says not likely security scanner radiation levels high enough to cause damage but I can't think of anything that I have done differently in recent days. Brought it with me to Shanghai but didn't use it at all after I left home in Spore, and was dead when I tried to turn it on for the first time after I got back. Go figure.
  • Trying to get replacement unit from Kobo. Failing which, the Simple Touch with Glowlight by B&N sounds just perfect.

No comments: